As spring arrives in New England, 30 million acres of turf across the nation is turning green and growing. Belknap Landscape in the Lakes Region is a Member of PLANET - the Professional Landcare Network.
BLC and PLANET observe the importance of lawns and their aesthetic and environmental benefits during National Lawn Care Month each April.
Did you know…
Be proactive in April and ask about BLC lawn care programs that ensure both a healthy and beautiful lawn throughout the year. Check out the BLC Turf care section of our website?
- Well-cared-for lawns can significantly increase your property values.
- A healthy lawn is of utmost importance to our environment. A 50-foot by 50-foot lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four!
- Lawns cool the atmosphere. Eight healthy front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning, which is enough for 16 average homes.
- Grass converts carbon dioxide to oxygen, a process that helps clear the air.
- Dense, healthy grass slows water runoff, removing contaminants and trapping soil. Fresh, filtered water returns to the underground water supply.